Cefixime is indicated in the treatment of the following infections when caused by the susceptible strains of the designated microorganisms:
- Uncomplicated urinary tract infections caused by Escherichia coli and Proteus mirabilis.
- Otitis Media caused by Haemophilus influenzae, Moraxella catarrhalis and Streptococcus pyogenes.
- Pharyngitis and tonsillitis caused by Streptococcus pyogenes.
- Acute bronchitis and acute exacerbations of chronic bronchitis caused by Streptococcus pneumoniae and Haemophilus influenzae.
- Uncomplicated gonorrhoea (cervical/urethral) caused by Neisseria gonorrhoeae.